Wednesday, December 17, 2014

First Post! An Introduction

First of all, I want to say thank you for your interest in my writing!

I get asked a lot why I love history. Most people associate history with their boring high school history classes. I once had a class where the teacher made us memorize two columns of dates and that was all that our tests consisted of! I didn't like history then.

I like history now because I have learned that its not all dates and famous dead guys. There are a lot of epic stories to be found and I have a special love for finding hidden gems.

This blog will feature a range of topics including old books, obscure happenings, and random facts.

At the moment I'm working on several themes:
- The American Revolution: I'm currently working on my undergrad thesis (its basically a small book of about 13,000 words which I have to submit in order to graduate) and the topic I have chosen to write about is the Scots-Irish and their role in the Revolution.
- Women's history: Women's experiences have been largely left out of mainstream history, which is why I find a lot of hidden gems that revolve about women.
- Family history: I have spent a lot of time researching my family tree and it has been extremely fascinating. I even chose my thesis topic because of my Scots-Irish ancestor who was a patriot.
- The history of wherever I happen to be living or visiting: which is pretty much I was doing over at annaekaiser.tumblr.com until school took over my life.

Any questions, comments, or topic requests can be sent to my email: annaekaiser@gmail.com, or a PM on facebook will do.

My first real post will follow shortly and it will be titled: The Annoying French Guy Who (Literally) Fell Off His High Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment